The Harveys

15.6.09

On hold? Nope... just hit the snooze a couple of times...

So, I haven't been on here since... well... LOL. But "the little Harvey project" is still in the works. A few minor set backs called "Life", but, we're still on the mission with high hopes.

Updates:

Memorial Day weekend was going to be our first real "baby vacation" where we really planned on trying. But who were we kidding?! Did I really think that a tent out at the lake next to friends singing around the camp fire until the wee hours of the morning would be the romantic environment for baby making? Um... I really didn't think that one through. LOL. As much as I love starry nights, the sound of rippling water, a nice summer breeze blowing through the tent screens, and soft background music of an acoustic guitar, I forgot about the 15 other people who liked the same thing and pitched their tents not more than 5 feet from ours...
So, not a whole lot of baby making going on, BUT we did receive a whole lot of relaxing time and good fellowship time with our closest friends, which we were thankful to have.

Our closest friends, Joe and Amy Reger, are about to have their baby. Amy's first, Joe's second. It's so funny to watch them. She is still looking all fabulous and making this pregnancy ordeal look like a walk in the park. In fact, the baby is due in two weeks and we are still planning our annual weekend out at Marion Lake to enjoy their bluegrass festival this coming weekend! She is setting the bar high for the rest of us. LOL.

Harv and I discussed where exactly we planned to put a baby in our house... We bought a two story house the year we were married. It had to be completely gutted out. We remodeled the first level from top to bottom, finishing with the Kitchen this last Winter. We haven't even touched the upstairs, which we had in-mind for all our bedrooms. Calculating new Sheetrock, replacing and/or removing some walls, Possibly new carpet or hardwood floors, central heating and air, replacing all the plumbing... we are looking to spend at least 12-13 thousand to complete the upstairs... So, we've decided that if we get pregnant before we have that kind of money (which will probably be the case) we will turn the piano room into a nursery. "At least I can play the piano and sing the baby to sleep at night" I smiled. A good compromise.

No comments: