Looking at this picture brings tears to my eyes every time I see it. Not only because it is SUPER sweet, but, to know we've come this far. I remember not too long ago, Harvey's absolute fear of hearing those words "I'm pregnant!". We never went anywhere NEAR the baby sections of stores and if, by chance, we happened across some cute baby stuff, like, a pair of tiny little shoes, I was pulled away with a stern "NO". LOL.When we went to visit Joe and Amy at their home after the birth of their little girl, Amy laid Cora in Harvey's lap without warning. I seriously thought he was going to pass out. He was as stiff as cat with it's back arched! I laughed outside, but, was a little worried inside. Would he always be this way with babies? With our Baby?
I've come to realise that, along with so many other things in life, you just have to take it one day at a time. "Baby steps" seems to fit this situation perfectly. And sure enough, after a little time, (and I think the realization that he will be expecting one of his own in less then 8 months!) Harv has started to pick up that "Daddy" instinct. This picture was taken two weekends ago. And just last weekend, We were at Joe and Amy's and Harv took Cora so that Amy could eat. Amy looked at me and said "It's like he is a pro now!"
I smiled with tears swelling up. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment