If you know my husband, you know that he always has a Tennessee "T" on his person somewhere... most of the time, it's his orange baseball hat. We have collected anything and everything from glass wear, neon signs, professional prints, rugs,and even some custom "T" artwork from family... We plan to make him a Tennessee Vols office when we remodel the upstairs.
When we first started talking about babies, he always seemed to get this uncomfortable look on his face and there was always something else to talk about or get up a do. So, I got my creative juices flowing... there must be something I can do to help him feel more at ease with this. He liked the idea of having kids, I think it was mostly the "not knowing what to do" once we had kids that was getting to him.
I was looking online for a Christmas gift when I found the perfect thing. An orange and white pacifier with the Tennessee "T" on it. PERFECT! I had thought about saving it for when it was time to announce the new baby's arrival... but... If you know me... you know that I can't wait for anything.
And I'm glad I didn't wait. I had it sitting on the coffee table when he came home from work one night... when he first saw it, he laughed, and through out the evening, he kept picking it up and examining it. I knew right then that it was the smartest thing I could have ever done (By accident too!)
So, even though we don't have a bundle of joy on the other end of that pacifier just yet, it's nice to see it sitting in the house from time to time. To know that eventually, it will just be one of the many little things that get overlooked and stuffed between the cushions of the couch....
A little piece of Orange hope marked with a "T"
Choose
-
You’d be surprised at the amount of control you have in your life. Not over
circumstances, not over other people’s opinions of you, not where or when
you w...
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment